It’s here! It’s here! The greatest day of the week is finally here! That’s right boys and girls, it’s Friday again!
Wikipedia says Friday is the day between Thursday and Saturday. How dare they put Friday in the same classification as the other days of the week?
I mean, really, what’s not to love about Friday?
- It’s the last day of the typical work week.
- It’s the day the official “weekend” begins.
- It’s PAYDAY!
- It means we do things in a more casual way
- It’s the day new movies are released in theaters
- It’s usually the precursor to the day you leave for vacation
- It’s the night you can get sloshed and have two days to recover before going back to work.
- It’s the day you can say “TGIF” and people agree. You surely couldn’t say “TGIW” and get the same response.
- People have written hit songs paying homage to Friday. Katy Perry’s “Last Friday Night” is a good example. Another one comes to mind but I can’t think of the title of it right now.
About the only “negative” thing you can say about Friday is that a certain “13th” day of the month might possibly fall on it. Big whoop-tee doo. A Friday the 13th twice a year is still better than 52 weeks of Mondays.
The only thing better than a Friday is my birthday, October 5th. But in two years from now the stars will align and even that too will once again fall on a Friday.
I like to take my Fridays with a big plate of bacon and coffee. The day is fresh like clean linen hanging out on the clothes line on a warm spring day. The possibilities are endless.
Friday is a blank canvas and you’ve got all the paints to create a masterpiece.
Make it a good one!