Another Sunday morning and here I sit writing a blog when I should be making an itemized order for all the things I really should accomplish today. Sadly, my laziness has always taken precedence over laborious things. And I say “sadly” only because that’s the way my situation may appear to you, the reader. Quite honestly, it’s not really sad to me.
I put in at least 54 hours of work at my regular job each week. On occasion, the hours may go higher with being on-call but, for the sake of this discussion, I’ll just use the average amount of hours.
With putting in so many hours at my nine-to-five (well actually my six-to-four) job, I tend to procrastinate on a lot of my duties at home when the weekend finally arrives. The thing is, work never ends whether it’s at the office or on the home front. But, like most things, I take it in stride.
For instance: yesterday I did the minimal amount of work to get by. I watched four episodes of the show Supernatural I received from NetFlix, made myself dinner and fed the animals. Oh, and I did manage to get dressed, go to the gym for ninety minutes and take a shower. So there were some good things that were accomplished. But as far as household chores go, well let’s just say it started to get dark before I could do any of them.
So, as I sit here typing this entry, here are the following things I’d like to get accomplished today:
- Mowing the lawn: It’s becoming a jungle out there. The prerequisite to mowing the lawn includes weed whacking and the clean up of the “things” my dogs leave behind when they go outside. Total Est Time: 2 hours.
- Sweeping and mopping of entire downstairs: We’ve got new wood floors and the dust bunnies have been partying hard lately and not using protection. Total Est Time: 90 minutes.
- Cleaning the upstairs bathroom:I tend to put this one-off as long as possible too as the smell of Tilex mildew remover is horrendous. Total Est. Time: 1 hour
- Cleaning the fish tank: I love my saltwater fish tank but can not stand the algae that accumulates in it. It looks more like a bog in there then a relaxing escape for anyone checking it out. Total Est Time: 1 hour.
- Giving the dogs a bath: Maybe this one I can give to my daughter. She loves to torture the dogs with water. Not so much in a menacing way, she just loves being the one to give them a bath. Total Est Time: 30 minutes.
All totaled, there are six hours out of the day that are already gone. Even more importantly, I also need to go to continue working on my book, go to the gym, ride my motorcycle and practice my guitar. Oooh, and let’s not forget lunch. I’ve GOT to have lunch. I’m a firm believer that you simply can’t do anything on an empty stomach.
So it’s going to be a very busy Sunday for me that’s for sure. But this is the price I pay for owning a home and wanting to take pride in it. I’ve been doing it for years with great success. I’m more than up for the challenge.
Uh-oh, someone just challenged me to a game of Words With Friends…. First things first.
Have a Happy Sunday!